Smiling Through Light will be attending the 2018 Sustainable Energy for All (SEforAll) Forum to highlight the energy needs of women and communities in Sierra Leone. We will be advocating for women-inclusive solutions to energy access and to increase energy access in West Africa.
SEforAll Forum 2018 Lisbon 2-3 May
The UN's Sustainable Energy for All initiative (SEforAll) has been instrumental in elevating the status of energy access globally. Since SE4All's inception in 2012, it has pushed for universal energy access to be achieved. This year's forum will bring together government, business, civil society and international organisations working towards clean energy access. With the theme 'Leaving No One Behind' discussions will be held around accelerating progress on global sustainable energy goals and closing energy gaps especially for 'last mile' populations.
Smiling Through Light's key messages
This week, we will be in Lisbon talking all thing energy access for women and last mile populations in Sierra Leone. This includes advocating for:
· Women inclusive solutions to energy access;
· Increase energy access support in West Africa;
· Appropriate finance options for women and energy access businesses in West Africa;
· Inclusive and gender-sensitive approaches to energy planning, financing and programming.
Smiling Through Light's participation
In order to ensure the needs and priorities of energy-poor communities in Sierra Leone are heard, we will be attending different sessions at the Forum.
· 2nd-3rd May 8.00-18.00, attending the plenary and partner working sessions
· 4th May 12.00-17.00, SEforAll People Centered Accelerator Update (closed workshop)
Look forward to seeing you all there......